Monday, June 24, 2013

How to keep the weight at bay when you're...

Pregnant!


What's a girl to do then when she's
  • sick
  • vomiting
  • nauseated
  • temperamental in all things?
It can be really ruff I know.
Really, I know because I'm there.  I'm 11 weeks along and feel worse by the day.
I thought I'd share with you what does help to make me feel better and some tips for keeping your weight in check.

First is to exercise! So many people have asked me if I still do with being pregnant and all.  The answer is a big Yes.  You have to keep your health up, and it's not just your health is your baby's too.  Plus, while exercising I always feel great.  After and before are a different story.  But during-great.  I feel bad before and sometimes during my warm up and I just have to push through and I never regret it.

The only thing to be mindful of is your internal body temperature you don't want your body to overheat that can be dangerous for the baby so if exercising outside wear the right clothes too keep you cool.  Also hydrate extra when you're done.

If your not up for exercising or you've already done it for the day just get your body moving.  Take a walk, weed the garden etc.  If I'm really bad I'll lay down for 15minutes and then I make myself get up and move.  It works, or at least until I stop moving again.

Next is Food!  My normal foods and snack make me vomit.  I don't like things that are potent.  I like plain and mild foods.    Also an empty stomach can make you sick so eat half the portions you normally would, and save the rest for two hours later.
Protein, protein, protein-these are the building blocks of life.  You need a complete protein and quality carb at every meal.  This will keep you and baby healthy and lessen your nausea.   Every time I skip my protein I regret it.  I get really sick

My friend is pregnant too, she is about a month ahead of me.  She was extremely sick.  After making a change to her diet by eating protein and some small carbs at night she started having better mornings.

Yikes, that's a lot of info.  I hope not too much,  I'll share more with you at another time.  Keep up with your health journey no matter where you are.





"Image courtesy of sattva and adamr/ FreeDigitalPhotos.net

1 comment: