Monday, January 21, 2013

How to get out of bed

It's cold, and dark.  You are snuggled warm under layers of blankets, you should get up and start your day but you just don't want to...  The snooze button has gone off and your still there struggling with yourself.  You need to get up but can't.

What to do?

No one can blame you getting up can be hard sometimes especially after all the holidays are over and those last few months of cold winter is still here to endure.  Here are 5 things you can do to help you get out of bed and maintain a healthy and happy outlook on life.

  1. What do I want to do today?  This is what you should ask yourself. What do you want? Scrapbook? Bake? Pinterest? Exercise?  Pick something fun something you want and put it on your TO-Do list.
  2. What do I need to do today?  In answering this question keep the list short.  But do make it a need.  I need to go to work. I need to go grocery shopping. I need to clean the bathroom.
  3. I will... Make a commitment to do something that will make your a better person, something to help you accomplish your goals. Such as exercise, play with the kids, work on a project ect.
  4. Have a day off. If your schedule allows choose a day that you actually can stay under the covers.  My husband and I take turns on the weekend. I would sleep in on Saturday and he'd get the kids ready in the morning and then I would let him sleep in on Sundays.
  5. Go to bed on time. Adults need bedtimes too.  If your up late watching the game, computer or T.V., anything it's gonna be hard to get up at a decent hour.  The old saying is still true: Early to bed early to rise makes a man healthy wealthy and wise. Or as a Professor of my always said "Get up before the sun so you can get things done."
Compile your To-Do list from each of these steps and you will have both strong purpose for getting up as well as motivation. And you can always count down to your snuggle day;)

This is something I use all the time from January to the end of February to get me through those

frigid indoor months.


Goals:

Personal- scrapbook one page

Health and Fitness- Don't eat any chocolate



No comments:

Post a Comment