Thursday, November 29, 2012

Cookies



 Last week I participated in a blog cookie swap. Man, did I revive some devilishly good cookies from Caryn at the Mid Life Guru.
Now I am everything health here at The EfficientBody Diary so I could NOT send her ordinary cookies!  I decided to send her 3 kinds of cookies. One had no added sugar, one was a recipe made over "healthy," and the third was just ordinary cookies.  (I had to be true to my style and have some fun with it.)
Oatmeal Crasin
Chocolate Chip and Coconut Cookie Bar

Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies
Here are the pics, can you tell which is which?  I also did a taste test with some friends of mine and they could not tell.-yea!  I just wish you guys could taste them.
Okay, did you decide?
Really pick which is which....












The answers:  The oatmeal is normal unhealthy, despite it's misleading title. The Triple Chocolate (my favorite) has no added sugar.  This again is misleading because it's made with pudding and cake mix.  Both of which already have sugar in them. (see how easily those marketers can manipulate things so they appear healthy?)  Lastly, the Chocolate Coconut has been made over.  I took out the shortening, the white sugar and the refined flour.  This one you would never guess (when tasting) that it was made over.  Everyone gobbles them up every time I make them.

But here is the thing.  I'm notorious for not writing down my recipes.  I just make it and usually it turns out.  So I will give you what I remember of the Cookie Bar recipe. So take it with a grain of salt.  And I will work on my flaws.



Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookie Bars:
1/2 C. Margerin
1/2 C. Low Fat Cream Cheese
*blend until smooth
1 C. Brown Sugar
1/4 C Honey
2 Eggs
1.5 tsp. Vanila
*blend until smooth
1.5 tsp. Baking Soda
3 C. Oatmeal Flour (you can make this in your blender)
12oz. Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
*Mix by hand

Pour mixture onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread out evenly with a spatula. Sprinkle desired amount of coconut on top and bake 350 until done.

Ha!- I remembered it all except the honey I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure that's it.  The baking time though? Traditionally only 9 minutes but these have a lot more moisture so cook them until slightly golden.
Give these a try, you can't go wrong.


1 comment:

  1. THREE types of cookies? Lucky Caryn :)

    Thanks for participating in the swap!

    ~Alison, SITS Community Lead

    ReplyDelete